Business Development Managers transfer the awarded business to the Program Managers, who then plan the allocation of the project management to individual engineers, document the APQP, plan the resources in terms of man, material, machines and money.
This team has been expanded to 3 managers and 6 engineers, to quickly unscramble the Customer BOM, send out RQF to suppliers and translate into an accurate Quote / Cost Breakup for the global customer and satisfy the commercial queries and subsequently study and confirm the PO terms.
This team also has a pre engineering group who studies
1) The CAD &Gerber files and the schematics and BOM
2) Design the SMT/ MI assembly, reflow / selective / robotic soldering / wave solder processes
3) Study and forecast the AOI, ICT / MDA & functional testing requirements.
4) Forecast requirements of jigs, fixtures, nozzles, pallets, stencils, packing materials for this PCBa/ product.
5) Plan poke yoke fixtures and all test fixtures.
This team also submits to the customer the APQP (advance product quality plan) and PPAPdocumentation and the SIR (Sample Inspection report).
Thus a techno commercial feasibility is conducted and used to forecast production needs and submit quotes very accurately based on resources avail- able and capability available.